Monday, April 7, 2008

Food for the Elk!


We made another trip up to the ranch in March to see my mom and Brent. They have some neighbors with the craziest job! The state of Wyoming pays them to feed the wild hunted elk during the winter season. Adam and Scott were able to go with them to feed while we were there. I didn't go because I thought it would be too cold, I know, LAME! I'm so going next time. Anyways, they snowmobiled up the mountain to where they keep the HUGE horses that pull the sleigh of hay. The horses are named Bert and Bill, and Adam said they are bigger than any horse you've ever seen. When they get to a clearing they let out a big wistle, and out of the trees come about 200 wild elk! They ate the hay out of their hands. There were a couple of big bulls in the group, and some cute babies. Adam says it is one of the "sweetest" things he has ever done.

















No comments: