For 7 nights in a row Kadence has slept in her own room, in her crib! We've tried to get her down by 10 pm and she has been sleeping until around 4 am, then she wakes up for about an hour to eat and play (she loves to talk to her birds early in the morning), then I rock her and can get her back to sleep at about 5 am, and then she sleeps for another 3 hours, wahoo! We were having a rough time for a while, because she was in our room and every little move she made would wake me up, so I'd get out of bed to check on her and that would wake her up. Also, I was nursing her in bed with me, and we'd both fall asleep, so who knows how much she was eating before she conked out, and then she'd wake up an hour later for a snack. Now I'm using my oh so cute rocker to feed her, remember the one my in-laws made for me, and I can keep her awake so she gets a full tummy. We went back to swaddling Kadence, we stopped because we thought she liked to have her hands out, but she likes them a little too much! If she's not swaddled, she'll keep herself awake for hours sucking on her fingers and trying to find her thumb. It's so cute during the day, but not so cute at 2 am! Anyway, Adam and I are thrilled to have our room and bed back to ourselves. We finally feel rested, yeah! Don't get me wrong though, one of my FaVoriTe things is to bring Kadence into my bed when she wakes up in the morning for some cuddle time. We both love it, we giggle, play peek-a-boo, and she gives me some heart melting huge gummy smiles, oh how I love this baby girl!
I thought I'd throw in some extra pictures, these are from my cell phone so they're not the best quality. Kadence loves to hang out on her changing table. She must think it's her little throne because she can be screaming and we'll take her in to check her diaper, and she quiets down and starts talking and smiling, it's so funny! I'm working on figuring out how to add video to my blog, we've got some cute ones that I want to share, but be patient because I have no idea how to get the video on here!



10 comments:
Lack of sleep is soooo hard so good thing you are finding ways to get it back. I remember the first time I was able to get a full night sleep and I was like, wait a minute this isn't right... but that is still rare these days but it's definitely improved. Bryce is good and gets up with Mariah too sometimes - lucky me.
Kadence is sooo adorable! She is worth every second of sleep lost huh Ü
she is sooo adorable!!!! you are lucky to finally be getting some sleep!!! have you gone back to work yet?? i need your address so i can drop off her present before it doesnt fit:) email it to me at meganwhitear@yahoo.com!
That's good to hear you all are getting more sleep! I know what you mean about waking up with her every move when she's in bed with you. At least she's learned to like her crib more. She's adorable!
I am glad to hear someone else is going through life changing experience. It hard but when they are awake and happy it's the best.
She is to die for! She is getting so big. How much fun you are having and I am sure the loss of sleep is well worth it =)
I'm so glad she's sleeping better! I remember when Lillie slept for 6 hours straight the first time- it was amazing! I remember feeling so well rested... lol. Hopefully she keeps it up. She's so cute. I love her bedding also.
Oh man she is so dang cute! I am glad you are getting some sleep now! I hate being tired so much!
yay! Im glad you are getting more sleep! Trae goes to bed around 10 too and he sleep untill 8 or 9, just wait till then then you really will be getting plenty of sleep! Britt I can't believe how chuncky she is getting!!! I love those pics of her, so cute!!!
She is getting so big! We haven't seen her in forever! I can't believe how fast they grow! We need an excuse to all get together. =)
Oh, she is so cute! Way to go Kadence. I am so glad she decided to start cooperating. Love her!!!
Post a Comment