So it's been about a month and a half since my last post and it's killing me! I seriously have been having nightmares about how behind I am on the blog and all of my pictures. So I'm going to give you a quick rundown of what's been up in our lives...
-HaPPy ANniveRsary!!! Adam and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary on June 9th. Adam's sweet mom came over and watched Kadence for us while we went to dinner and a movie...so fun! It had been a long time since we got to see a movie together. We saw Hangover, we laughed our asses off the entire time! Can't believe it's been 2 years already, time flies when you're having fun. I'm so grateful for my husband...Love you babe!
-
And the WiNNer IS....Little Miss Sunshine! We entered Kadence in the Washington Terrace Days Baby Contest. My parents put me in it when I was her age and I won for Biggest Eyes, so since Kadence has bigger eyes than me, I thought she was a shoe in. Turns out she's "Little Miss Sunshine." I think it fits, she always has bright eyes with a big smile...congrats baby girl!


-Pack it up and Move it out. Here is the reason my blog has been neglected. So with the help of my dear friend Shannon, we sold our house! Wahoo! We closed on June 25th. We moved into my mom's house in the Terrace. The move was a little bitter sweet. We made a lot of memories there from coming home from our honeymoon there to bringing home baby Kadence. But we are so thankful to have the opportunity to be in a nicer neighborhood, pay off debt, and save some cash for a down payment on a new house in an area we love some day in the future. Right now we are focused on saving, saving, saving! Thanks to everyone that helped us move, don't know how we would have done it without you guys...we love you! Oh...and if you need a fabulous realtor, ask me for Shannon's number, she was great. This is a picture of our family in front of our old house that we lived in for 2 years...


HaPPy BiRthDay to YoU! Adam turned 24 on June 26th. The three of us had a beautiful day together. He took work off so we could chill. We went to lunch, did a little shopping, got a tasty cake from Dairy Queen, way better than Baskin Robbins if you ask me, and had a birthday BBQ at his parents house. Adam got some great gifts including CASH, Cabella's gift card, Sportsman's Warehouse gift card, a new duck call, a fabulous IntelliGel pillow, and Bowflex adjustable dumbbells...spoiled!
Play Dates, Swimming, Play Dates, Splash Pad, Play Dates... Did I mention play dates??? We have been super busy hanging out with my sister-in-law Alexis and her friends. They are so sweet to invite me to their get togethers! They all have gorgeous kiddos, and I love taking Kadence to play with them all. We go to parks, the splash pad, Roy Aquatic Center, anywhere with sun. Kadence is a little FiSh! She loves the water. She will splash and kick her legs to no end. It's so fun to watch her! Thanks all of you girls for letting us play!



Happy 4th of July... We went to the Bee's game with Ben, Alexis, Brogan, Avery, and Annette for the 4th. We went last year, and they put on an awesome firework show. This year was a bit of a bust though...the game went into extra innings! So around 11:30 pm, little Kadence was DoNE with the baseball game. She was so tired that we just left and missed out on the fireworks :(...I was bummed because we wanted to see how she like them. Oh well, there's always the 24th, right? Alexis and her family were troopers and waited it out...Miss Avery fell asleep before the show, and Brogan crashed half-way through. They didn't get home until 1:30 am. Don't get us wrong, we did still have fun watching baseball and eating churros and popcorn, yum!

-Kadie Bug... I know Kadence totally deserves a post of her own since she's a princess and all, but this will have to do for now. Kadence has personality to spare, she is such a little ham! She prefers to have somebody in her face laughing and playing patty cake as apposed to playing alone. She can now do the "roll it, and roll it" segment of patty cake, wave bye, bye with a little help, and Dada is her FaVoRiTe word. Kadence is sooooo close to crawling, she gets around by scooting, spinning, and rolling for now. I am trying to prepare myself mentally for the day she finally gets it, she's going to be into everything! This just in...she is cutting her first tooth, well I think it's already cut. Last night was rough, she was up all night crying and I couldn't figure out what was wrong. This morning while she was eating cereal I noticed a little bump on her bottom left gum. I felt it, and it's already sharp. Poor girl was probably in pain last night, I did give her some Tylenol but not until about 4 am. We are having so much fun with our babes, we love her to pieces!

That's about all the excitement for now. I'll try to keep updating more regularly...it's a little tricky because we don't have our computer hooked up at my mom's so I'm overwhelmed with what to do with all the pictures on my camera! I'll figure something out soon though.
17 comments:
Glad to see you are back in the blogging world. Woo-hoo! I love. love. love that last one of you and Miss K. So cute! I may have to steal a couple photos (hope that is okay). And we LOVe having you two come play with us during the week. You are invited ANY time! Love ya Lady!
She is sooo gorgeous like her mommy!!! I have been missing your blog, I'm glad your back! :) Congrats on the move and YAY for saving!!
I love the new post! It definitely was MUCH needed Ü Seems like you and your little family are having good times together which is great to see. I love ya Britt and we need to hangout again soon enough xoxo
Holy cow, you guys have been so busy! Looks like you have been having fun! Kadence is such a cutie! She is getting so big! I love that she is "Little Miss Sunshine"!
You guys have been busy! BUt it all sounds like a lot of fun!! Little Kadence is SO cute! She really is just a beautiful baby..
Wow you have been a busy little bee. I hope one day I can chat with you more at work. Poor kadence and the tooth, not looking forward to that. We need to start doing play dates with girls from work soon. that's exciting that she won miss little sunshine. Was that a picture of your old house or is that your mom's? we saw hangover too, so funny. now i am all caught up. thanks for the post missed the cute updates of kadence.
Stacey...that is a picture of our old house, not my mom's. I'll post one of where we're living now sometime.
Yeah, your back! We have missed you guys :) You all look so good, & YEAH for little miss sunshine! So is sooo beautiful! Love ya,
Ty & Bry
Yay! Glad your back! I loved all your pictures! Looks like you guys have been having fun! I am glad you got your house sold, it is so nice to be able to save $$$! As always you and your baby are gorgeous!
Congrats on selling your house, your 2nd anniversary, and all the other exciting things that have taken place!
I'm glad you updated I've been missing your posts. That is cool you sold your house so fast. Kadence is so dang cute, her dimples are adorable
Yipee! An update! Looks like you guys have been so busy so I can't blame you for not getting on to blog sooner, right? It was nice to see you guys the other day, Kadence is getting so huge! What a cute girl, so full of energy! Hopefully we will see each other again soon. =) Take care you guys!
I've been waiting for a more recent post. Holy Cow! You guys have been sooooo busy. Kadence is so cute, I love looking at pictures of her.
Happ anniversary!!! how fun you guys are having and yay for selling you house it will be so nice to save. Love all the pics!!! Kadence is a doll!!!
I'm so out of blogging world right now! Need to do a major post like you did!! Glad to see your doing good!
brit..
will you leave me your email address so I can invite you to my blog?
cute blog btw.
Carly(cable)
Carly--my email is brittanylaurel022@hotmail.com
I'm glad you found my blog!
Post a Comment