For years I've heard about how awesome Swiss Days is. Everyone I've talked to that's been up there says how fun it is. So this year, Alexis and I decided to venture up to Midway, UT, and see what all the fuss was about. The following is a list of reasons I don't understand the appeal...- Midway is an hour and a half out of Ogden
- Once in Midway you have to park in a huge field, use the porta-potty because the drive was long enough that you have to pee really bad.
- Wait in a looooong line to get on a cramped shuttle bus.
- Sit on the bus and try not to throw up from car sickness
- Few...finally got to the booths, now you have to be very aggressive and push your way through the millions of patrons just to get to the gloriously overpriced hot item.
- Run out of energy and decide that lunch sounds good.
- A quick scan of peoples plates tell us to pass on the huge Swiss brats and sauerkraut and stick with a cheeseburger and chips.
- Realize that we didn't set up chairs the night before so now we have to just sit on the ground in the middle of the fair (and walkway) to eat.
- Enjoy the sweet sounds of the Yodeling Chicken while we eat.
- Decide that we've had quite enough adventure for one day and head back to find our line for the shuttle.
- Of course the loooongest line is for the shuttle we need.
- Stand in line, in the rain, and wait.
- Try again not to throw up on the way back to the field.
- Frantically look for our car in the sea of vehicles.
- Ahhhh...get in the comfort of the SUV and be thankful it's comfortable because the hour and a half ride is now 2 and half hours long because of the HUGE traffic jam to get back on the freeway.
- Agree that we probably won't be making Swiss days an annual tradition.
Thanks for letting me rant...we actually had a lot of fun and laughed a ToN! We were using this as our day off from being Mommies because soon our husbands will be spending every weekend duck hunting. We just pictured our day off more like shopping the mall and having a nice lunch. I am super excited about the squeaky shoes for Kadence and the cute headband I got.
7 comments:
oh. my. gosh. my mom and I went up there yesterday. PERFECTLY said. It was SUCH a JOKE!!!! Everything you said, we thought and experienced. EVERYTHING.
Haha!! Well now you know! At least you got to have a girls day!
Yeah....it was a total BUST! But we did lAuGh a lOt and I did have fun with you there. But do not understand the appeal....whatsoever. Next girls day we are hitting the mall and a NiCe restaurant. No more wEiRd fairs.....where we have to sit on the grass to eat. Hey at least we had some swEet enTeRtaInMeNt. :)
Wow. I'm thinking that we NEVER need to try anything like that. Thanks for the heads up. Sorry it cost you a perfectly good day...
I'm sorry you didn't have a good Swiss experience! We usually go every year, & have a great time. We always park close so we can just walk? It usually helps to have someone with you that has been around the (Swiss) block a few times (that would be my mom)! I didn't get to go this year because we are trying to get ready for the unexpected move (see blog)! Hope you have a better DAY OFF next time :) Love ya!
I have thought about going up to swiss days too. I am so glad you blogged about it being lame and not so much fun.
to bad! I have been wanting to go see what all the fuss is about...thanks for passing that along! Hey, atleast you got the squeaky shoes out of it....I have some for my little girl and love love love them!
Post a Comment