Thursday, May 23, 2013

Day at the Zoo

We spent a day at the zoo with cousins, the kids were so excited about it!  When we got there, they immediately busted out the maps to decide where we should head first.  Alexis asked what they were most excited to see, expecting Giraffes, or Gorillas, nope, Kadence was stoked about seeing a Snow Fox, hmmmm...awesome.

Tour guides ready.

Sweet Bridger and his "momma."  Ever since their visit, Kadence has been calling me, "Momma," which is a new thing.  I used to be mommy or mom, but now I am a really dragged out version of Mooooomma.  I think she picked it up from this little man.  So sweet!

Cousins...not sure why Kadence is pouting??

Checking out the new Rocky Shores addition.

The Polar Bear...

Finally, the Carousel! 




Uncle Ben was a good sport and kept an eye on Bridger and Kadence, since her momma was not about to get on something that spins around in circles.

Brogan and Avery, chillin on the Elephant Trunk

Squeeze!  These two, they need to be together.  They have so much fun!

The zoo is exhausting, huh, Bridger?


Have to get one with the Giraffes.

This fountain wasn't really working, but all of us parents remember or have photos with this exact same lion fountain.  So Avery pretended it worked for a photo op.

Those two Elephants are mom and daughter.  I visited the zoo when we were both pregnant, me with Kadence and the mom with her baby, then I came back the next year when Kadence was 1, and the Elephant was still pregnant!  Well now here we both are, with our babies.

Kadence got a little tired and grumpy for a minute.

And she's back! This girl has no problem expressing her emotions.

Goodbye Hogle Zoo, until next time!

No comments: