Monday, June 30, 2008

How many Kidney Stones do I have?!?

This is my sweet husband's sad face. He's sad because we found out about a week ago that he has 14 Kidney Stones, 7 in each kidney! Poor guy =(. He has had pain in his side and back for a while now, so we decided he better go to the doctor. They did a CT Scan and found them all. The dr. told him he should be able to pass all of them, even though one is 5 mm. big, that seems huge for the little tube it has to travel through! He hasn't felt like he's passed one yet. The dr. said he may be passing some and not know it. She gave him these little strainers to try and catch a stone so that they can figure out what is causing them to form. Adam is going to a Urologist next Monday, and hopefully he can give us a little more information on how to prevent them. Everyone keeps telling Adam that passing the stones is the closest thing he will feel to giving birth, isn't that a coincidence? Well I have never had a kidney stone, but I hear the pain is horrible. I'm sorry Adam, good luck! I Love you!