If you were wondering where Adam was while I was in Nashville, he was on a awesome guided hunt in Hamilton, Colorado. He and his friend Rory bid on it during an auction last year, and they won it for a great price. They were there for 4 days, hunted pheasant, chucker, and got to fish a little. Adam was so excited about this trip and he said it was worth every penny. I'm happy that he got to have such a good time doing what he loves. I think his hunting season is going to be cut a bit short this year when baby Kadence gets here, so thank heaven for this trip!
This is the lodge they stayed in. They had their own rooms, and a personal chef. Adam said the food was so good, he thinks he gained 10 pounds, but I don't see it.
Rory and Adam are in the middle, the two on the sides were on the hunt with them.
This chair is made entirely out of antlers, deer or elk, I don't know...(I tried to get Adam to write this post, but he's not into it.)
Rory and the view from the lodge.
It's hard to see, but there was a black bear they could see from the deck.
These are the two German Shorthairs, Sage and Ruegger (just a puppy). They retrieved the birds for Rory and Adam. Ruegger made his first retrieval with them, good job!!
Between the two of them, they got 50 birds. The lodge staff cleaned and packaged the birds to send home with the guys.
I guess I need to learn how to make pheasant...yum! ;)
7 comments:
What an awesome hunting trip, Dallin would LOVE that! Is Adam doing the Elk hunt? And by the way..I ate the Vegas Rolls, so the fish was fully cooked :) sooo yummy, you must try it!
Oh, and I was laughing my head off about the ER visit! haha, I know that's not funny..but..it kind of is :O) I luckily haven't had heart burn yet!!
Looks like Adam had fun when you were away. Funny that you ask about Forks because that is where we are staying on the coast. They are having a Twilight day that weekend and we are going to a bunch of parties at Forks and LaPush. So that is another reason to go up there. And we are checking out the malls for sure! You are going to love Breaking Dawn! It is really good. =)
I'm so mad I didn't get to go to lunch with everyone, It's just hard on a holiday weekend because everyone went out of town. Are you having a baby shower? I really hope I can get work off and make it up.
Adam has become quite the adventurer. I remember when we went fishing at Cozy .. it seemed like he was starting to get into all that at that time, or possibly before. That's awesome! My brother-in-law does the bird thing and he'll bring them home and pluck them, then cooks them. One time I tried it.. eww gross! haha
Haha That is funny, and Cosmo is STILL wearing it! No my little one is already potty trained. :0) thank goodness! How are you feeling, you adorable pregnant girl?!?
How are you feeling? You should post an up-to-date picture of your cute preggo belly! That's good Adam got to go on a last little hoorah before the baby comes. I love the name you have picked out by the way!
Post a Comment