Thursday, October 30, 2008

Baby Kadence update...

We had our 36 week appointment on Tuesday. The Dr. said she weighs about 6.5 lbs and her head measured at 37 weeks, so she's going to be really smart ;) He said I am 75% thinned out and dilated to a 2! He said she is low in my pelvis and he could feel her little, well, apparently BiG head! We were so excited to hear that we're making progress! He said that if he had to guess, Kadence would come at least a week early, but that he would know a little more after he checks me next week. I know that some people have been dilated to a 2 for up to a month, so we're not going to get our hopes up, but we would LOVE her to come a bit early. It would be so nice to have her here for Thanksgiving so we can show her off to family! We have another appointment next Thursday, so you know I'll be updating you again after that!

We also found out on Tuesday that my brother Jared and his wife Ashley are going to be having a girl! We're so excited for them! Now Kadence will have two little girl cousins close to her age to play with! Oh, can't wait for dance classes and all that girly stuff!

We didn't get a picture at our last ultrasound, so I thought I'd throw this in for your reading pleasure...enjoy =)


Your pregnancy: 36 weeks
See the big picture
How your baby's growing:Your baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. She's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered her body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of her first bowel movement.At the end of this week, your baby will be considered full-term. (Full-term is 37 to 42 weeks; babies born before 37 weeks are pre-term and those born after 42 are post-term.) Most likely she's in a head-down position. But if she isn't, your practitioner may suggest scheduling an "external cephalic version," which is a fancy way of saying she'll try to coax your baby into a head-down position by manipulating her from the outside of your belly.

12 comments:

hoLLY said...

wow your progress is great!!! i cant wait for the big day!!!i think she will come before thanksgiving for sure!

Unknown said...

Hi Brittany! I'm glad you found my blog! Funny story about that...I've only known Megan for a couple months actually. I moved to Utah for an internship in Salt Lake at an advertising/public relations agency, and she got hired at the same agency a couple weeks after I started! What a small world! I love that girl. And I'm so excited for your new little baby! I hope you guys are doing well, and I can't wait to meet you!

Meg said...

Wow - it's wierd to think that you are already dialated but still have so long to go. That's fun your brother is having a girl as well! He is younger than us right? I love reading about your pregnancy, you are so cute!

So I see Allison already posted. How crazy is it that we work together! She is so great! small world!

Brooke and Darin said...

Ooh it's getting closer! Where are you delivering?

Adam and Brittany said...

Meg- It's my older half-brother that's having a girl, I don't think you've met him. You're thinking of Scott, he's my younger brother, only 20...he's not having a baby =)
Brooke- I'm delivering at Ogden Regional

Shannon Williams Olsen said...

Oh my gosh Britt - you are getting so close! I bet you are even more excited now that your body is starting to change itself to accomodate the labor. The only hard part is this is when most get their stretch marks - I did - but they are just love scars Ü I can't wait either... YEAH! You two will be parents real soon. I hope Ogden Regional treats you well - I had such a wonderful experience there. Maybe you'll have the same great labor nurse too. I've seen her almost every time I've been there to visit others friends. Good luck & best wishes honey!!!

Unknown said...

Hey! I forgot that Dustin said he had run into you guys. Duh, i do remember you! I remember looking at that photo book with all your gorgeous wedding pics.
Congrats on having a baby soon! It will be here really soon, don't worry. Just really enjoy those first few weeks, I can't even believe that our Lillie is over a year old!

Melissa McFadden said...

That's really exciting it's getting so close. She is going to be so stinking cute!! I am glad to hear you are already planning on her being a dancer. Keep us posted!

aLeXis said...

It is getting so close. Oh, I can't wait to meet her. It is so much fun....such an adventure. Crazy to think in just a few weeks there will be a whole other person in our family. So excited!!!!

Megan said...

haha, Britt, I sooo hope I win the race! haha j/k :) But congrats on getting closer!! It's soo exciting!! Your delivering at McKay right??

Cole & Jess said...

How exciting! I bet it has been a long road...and it is finally coming to an end. Have you been having alot of contractions? Well maybe she can have the best birthday...Nov. 26th:)

Justine and Stuart said...

Hi Britt and Adam! Wow... Kadence is going to be such a doll, and I love her name! A baby for the holidays... what a gift! I am so happy for you guys.