Wednesday, October 15, 2008

More Baby Talk

We had our 36 week ultrasound last night, and everything looks good! The Dr. said Kadence weighs right around 5 lbs. It was hard to get a good picture of her because her hands were right up against her face, at least you can see her nose and lips in this one. I think she still has her daddy's nose, his top lip, and maybe my bottom lip =) Who knows??? We can't wait to really see her! My due date is 6 weeks away, but hopefully she'll come a couple of weeks early.
I feel like I'm ready to have her any day now! People keep asking me if she's "dropped" yet, and I'm like, I don't know, does she look like it?? This is all new to me! Well, I was asking my Dr. about some cramping I've been feeling, and feeling like I'm going to start my period, and he said that is Kadence starting to descend down into the birth canal. So, now I can tell people that yes, she is starting to "drop." This is exciting news for me because it is just one step closer to having her here!
In this picture you can see the vinyl birdcages we added to the nursery, and the cute chair my in-law's made for me (well, my prego body is kind of hiding the chair, but you get the idea). Doesn't it look sweet?? I have to give all the credit to my wonderful husband for hanging the vinyl, he did everything, and it's harder to hang than you would think! I just sat back in that chair and supervised. If I would have tried to hang them myself, they would have ended up crooked, and I would have been crying! So thanks babe, Love you!
Oh, and if anyone is interested, call me to go to lunch or something, because one; I love to eat, two; I am running out of things to clean, and three; I'm bored!!! I stopped working a couple of weeks ago, which I am very thankful for, but I don't know what to do with myself. Adam tells me to "take it easy," but there's only so much of that I can handle! I guess I should take advantage of the alone time now, because I know that soon, I will always have a little one to keep me company =)



14 comments:

The Greens said...

oh Britt you are so cute! Can you believe how little time is left till she's here? I know if feels like forever but it sneeks up on you so fast. Her room looks so cute!! When I come up I want to come see her and visit you guys!! (Don't know when that will be but, I will let you know) :) Good Luck!!

[*.Manda.*] said...

Oh my gosh !!! I ALMOST bought those exact same birdhouses to put on the wall in my salon. They are so dang cute, maybe I should buy them after all. lol
You are so cute with that big belly of yours. I always get SO uncomfortable in the end of my pregnancy's. I don't blame you for wanting to have her early. If you want to know how to do Castrol Oil, let me know.........It really works!!! I would never do it until 39 weeks, though, just to be safe.
I may be having a little one of my own soon..................we'll see. ;)

Good Luck !!!

Cole & Jess said...

Her little face is dang cute! You look way cute too. I hope i look that good when I am prego:)Her room is darling. That is so nice that you have some time off before she comes. We should get together some time. I am not working, just going to school. Give me a call sometime!

Megan said...

Her room is soooooooo darling! and you are even cuter! You look so cute pregnant! Like a stick with a basketball hehe :) I want to go to lunch!!!! Tell me when!!! Friday?? Let me know when you can go! we only have about 5 weeks left..yay!!

hoLLY said...

You look sooo good, im sad I don't see you at work anymore! Enjoy your time off, but I know what you mean about being bored! i'll hang with you any time. your nursery is adorable! she will be here before you know it!!!miss you ...

BryAnn Jones said...

Brittany you and the nursery are both so darling! Congrats, you have made it this far and you still look amazing (not at all surprised)! These are the times that I wish we lived even a couple minutes closer to you guys :( Thanks for always having us in your home, and making us feel so welcome. We love you guys so much, and cant wait for little Kadence to get here. Looks like we will be SeEiNg you very soon :) Cant wait, send me a text or email anytime!

Skyler and Katie said...

You look so dang cute! I wish I lived by you so we could go to lunch. Even with a little one you still get bored of sitting in your house all day everyday. When your all ready for the baby this last little bit drags. But just enjoy your sleep cause it may be awhile before you get it back. And go out on lots of dates with Adam because it may be awhile before you get those back as well.

Brooke and Darin said...

Brit you look so cute! She will be here before you know it and you're going to love every minute of it. (Even if it means losing some sleep) Let's for sure go to lunch. I don't work Tuesdays or Thursdays so we should get together. Give me a call and we'll plan something.

Tiff and Dave said...

You have such a cute pregnant belly. Sounds like you are doing well. I know at that point I was sooo ready to have my babies.
The babies room looks darling! Good luck with the next 6 weeks!

Cassie said...

you look so cute!! ...and that room!! It's FREAKIN adorable!

Shannon Williams Olsen said...

Wow Brit - either your belly has gotten bigger since your baby shower or that shirt is tighter so I can see it better... how cute. I love pregnant bellys, well and I love you too! The room looks adorable and I am jealous I didn't have as such of a cute room for Mariah but it was a little different situation :) You did it just right. I am so proud of you Brit. Love you so much and Kadence is lucky to have a mommy like you!!!

Galbfam said...

Oh my heck! Look how cute you are and the nursery! Ahh so cute. I bet you are so excited! Little girls are so fun to dress too! I would be bankrupt if I had a little girl because I'd shop shop shop!

Meg said...

Britt - Congratulations! I'm so happy for the two of you!

The Schiffman Family said...

yOU DONT KNOW ME BUT mANDY IS MY SISTER, THE PENELOPE BEDDING YOU HAVE IS WHAT JUST ARRIVED FOR MY DAUGHTER ROOM AND i WOULD LOVE TO SEE SOME PICTURES OF YOUR NURSERY. fROM WHAT i CAN SEE SOOO CUTE. wHERE DID YOU GET THE BIRD CADGES? tHANKS mELISSA
emschiffman@gmail.com