Saturday, November 8, 2008

Patiently Waiting...

So... We had our 37 week appointment on Thursday. Our Dr. started out with an ultrasound and said Kadence is 7 lbs, and looks great. He said if I haven't had her by the 17th he will induce my labor, wahoo, that's in only 9 days! But wait, it gets better, when he checked me, he said I was now dilated to a 3 and 75% thinned out. He said he would be shocked to see us at our next appointment in a week. He thinks I will have her on my own sometime before next Thursday... I hope so!! So now I've been trying EVERYTHING I can to get things rolling, long walks, cleaning like crazy, eating spicy food, etc... I would love if I could start on my own. I just want that whole experience of either my water breaking, or having to time contractions, and then Adam frantically driving to the hospital, it just sounds fun and exciting! I know some of you moms that have been through this are thinking that I'm crazy, and it's really not so fun, but I just want to experience it at least once! Anyway, my Dr. said that the weather could also work to our advantage. There's a storm coming in on Monday and Tuesday, and the low pressure is known to start labor...cross your fingers for us!

17 comments:

The Greens said...

How exciting!! Ü I hope things work out to your advantage. Good luck!! There's nothing better!

Amanda said...

I'm so excited for you!! Reading your post made me think of when I was in labor with Quaid. I was just thinking about when they handed him to me in the recovery room (I had to have an emergency c-section). I couldn't believe just how much I loved him!
You know that you love her, but that first time that you get to hold her, you will feel this overwhelming, unexplainable love you have never felt before, it's amazing!! Good luck with everything!

Megan said...

What?! I am so jealous the 17th?? That is sooo soon!! I really hope we both start soon!!!! I am soooooo uncomfortable as I am sure you are too!!

Cole & Jess said...

That is so exciting...maybe we won't be hanging out before that little sweetie comes:) I would love some good vendors. We have to get our cake at snowbasin and all the food. But I pretty much need everything else besides pictures, that would be great if you have time...

Skyler and Katie said...

You are pretty dang lucky, I wasn't dilated to a 3 till I was admitted two days before my due date. I'm so excited for you. Send a picture when she comes. Even if you had to be induced, if you are a 3 and 75% you would go way fast. But it is much easier doing it on your own.Good Luck its the best thing ever.

Brooke and Darin said...

I remember how excited I was the closer I got. I was the same way you are, ready to be driven to the hospital because my water broke and all that good stuff. When we went to my appointment and my Dr said to go to the hospital, I felt soooo overwhelmed and bawled the whole way to the hospital. I was overcome with so many different emotions. It was crazy!!

Kami @ Sweet Charli... said...

Yay! I will be checking back frequently for updates! I am sure I might hear it from the spa, but I cannot wait to see her!

hoLLY said...

how exciting, that is great progress!!! I cant wait for you to experience the best thing in the world!!!!!

Galbfam said...

I am so excited for you! Good luck and I cant wait to see pictures of your beautiful baby girl. =)

Meg said...

That is so exciting!!!! Thanks for the info on babies knees! ha ha! That is so funny. Can't wait to see the first pictures of the baby!

kmonk said...

Ha! I am laughing about the water breaking, contractions, etc. I just talked to Aric and he said you are at the hospital YEA! I will hear if you got all the excitement you were hoping for! Good luck!

Kasi said...

Hey Brittany, remember me from cheerleading, Kasi M. i think it was in Jr. High. You were coming and I was leaving. Anyway I think our husbands worked toghether too, I think. At Keith Supply, was that the company name ( the fireplace one)? Ask Adam about Raz. Congrats about your little one, that is so exciting!! my blog is rkrasley.blogspot.com

[*.Manda.*] said...

Castor oil works..... ;) Let me know if you get desperate enough. You have to follow directions to make it work. My water broke both time, and labor went smoothly. Good Luck !!!

Shannon Williams Olsen said...

Congrats Brit on having baby Kadence!!! I hope everything went smoothly and it was as exciting if not more than what you expected. The picture you sent to my phone this morning showed just how beautiful she already is!!! I'm so proud that you are a mommy now and Adam is a daddy. So cute and special...love you!!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your new arrival! I found out yesterday, but apparently you had the baby a couple days ago. I'm excited for you guys!

Cassie said...

Congrats!! I'm so happy for you! Aric sent me a pic of the little doll! She's beautiful just like her mama! Can't wait to see her :)

Skyler and Katie said...

Hey Britt congrats! I can't wait to see pictures please post when you get a minute you are probably pretty occupied right now. I hope everything is going well. How are you and the baby doing?