Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Where were you??


I just read a good post of one of my friendly bloggers and I decided to steal it. Where were you on September 11Th, 2001? It's easy to forget the feelings I had that day, but while reading her post, they all came rushing back to me! It would be interesting to hear where you all were, and what feelings it brought on, either by your own post, or by leaving me a comment. Here are my memories...
I was a Jr. at Bonneville High, and we were having a early morning Lakette practice. We were in our own world of 8 counts and pirouettes. We must have been getting ready for a football half-time performance, because we wanted to video ourselves doing the routine so that we could fix any mistakes. My friend Jacqueline Keyes (now Miller), went home to grab her video camera. While she was there, she found her family glued to the T.V. in shock. She got a brief rundown of what happened, and hurried back to practice so that she didn't keep us waiting. When she got back, she mentioned something about a plane crashing into a building, but obviously she, nor any of us, understood the weight of the news. We continued with practice until about 9:00 a.m. I just remember leaving the gym that morning, and instantly noticing the looks of worry on everyone's faces. Some of our girlfriends that weren't on the drill team filled us in on the attack. I just remember feeling very confused, because I had never heard of a terrorist before. I went home to be with my family and was horrified when I finally saw the images of the planes crashing into the towers, and people jumping from the buildings! It was a sad and scary day. I can't imagine what the families of the people who worked in the towers must have been going through.

3 comments:

Skyler and Katie said...

I remember it too. Being at practice, except I thought it was Julia who went home to get her dance shoes she forgot or something, but how you remember sounds better. But I remember we just kept practicing not really knowing the extent to what had actually happened. When we went back to class the whole school just had a somber, weird feeling. And no we don't go fishing with Skyler. The one time I went everything went wrong. His tackle box got stolen, the boat broke and we had to row back to shore, Skyler cut his hand horribly, he didn't catch any fish. It was not good.

kmonk said...

Brittany that is so weird! We were talking about that today and I told the story exactly like you... Jacqueline going home...Jacq coming back and telling us what she saw... we all thought she was watching a movie... blah blah blah! Then when I came home I decided to watch an Oprah episode I missed. It had Elizabeth Smart on it. I remembered that we were together when we heard she was missing, and we were together when we heard they had found her. Either we shared some amazing events together, or we practiced way too much! Please do not comment on that! HA HA!

kmonk said...

is this working?