Monday, December 1, 2008

2 Weeks Old

Kadence had her 2 week well baby checkup last week, so she's really 3 weeks old now. I can't believe she's almost been here for a month now! Her pediatrician said she looks perfectly healthy, wahoo! She is 21 inches- 90% and 8 lbs.- 50%...So she's long and skinny, lucky girl! She is doing so well, sleeping for 4 hours between night feedings, which means momma is doing well also! She's such a sweet baby, doesn't cry much unless she's trying to poop or if she's hungry. We are so thankful that our baby girl is happy and healthy, we love her so much! I am getting a bit of cabin fever...our pediatrician told us not to take Kadence out much. Not to the grocery store, mall, etc... That makes it pretty hard to get Christmas shopping done! I'm going to have to give online shopping a try this year! Here are some pictures of her 2nd week, doesn't she look like she's growing?!
I love when she raises her eyebrows and her forehead gets all wrinkled up.
Kadence is very vocal, she growls and whimpers like a little puppy, it's so funny!

Adam is such a softy! Kadence usually sleeps in her crib, but her daddy thought that she wanted to hang out with her mom and dad on this particular night, they looked so comfy though, i couldn't say no! Notice her p.j.'s say, "Daddy Said I Can."


Kadence's cousin Avery loves her so much, she's so sweet with her! She touches her, and wants to give her kisses.
Kadence's first Thanksgiving, she slept through most of it!

She loves her bath time, except when it's time to get out, so cold!!!

We take lots of naps!


11 comments:

Shannon Williams Olsen said...

Oh so cute she is! I still have yet to visit but I am even sicker now - whatever has been lingering has finally caught up to me. My voice is so not sexy right now and it hurts to breathe. Anyway, I will have to make it by when I feel better. I can't wait to give her kisses... it's still crazy and cute to see you be a momma now!

Cassie said...

Brit.. She's so beautiful!! She is growing so much!! I loved the P.J.'s. It was so cute to see you and Adam in action as parents.. you make such great ones!

Miss Candace said...

She is so sweet. I can't believe she is 3 weeks already. It sounds like you are loving every minute of her, you are such a sweet mom. Isn't is funny how they wrap their daddy's around their little finger right from the beginning. I'm so glad she is healthy and you are all happy!

Reeder family said...

I can't believe how good you already look just after two weeks! I would love to fit back into regular jeans that soon after. It was really good seeing you and kadence the other day. She is so sweet and so little. see ya soon!

hoLLY said...

yes I cant wait to see you too at the Christmas party! are you gunna bring the babe or leave her home?? I hope you can bring her! I cant believe i still haven't seen her and she is three weeks! those pics are sooo sweet, its amazing how much they sleep and then just one day they don't sleep the whole day! glad you had a good holiday!

Skyler and Katie said...

She is so beautiful. I am so glad I got to see her and hold her. It was so fun, we will have to get together for Christmas, I will be home in three weeks

Kami @ Sweet Charli... said...

She is so sweet Britt! I love her pretty olive skin! It gets me so excited to have mine! You look like you're doing good! You look great as usual!

Kami @ Sweet Charli... said...

Oh yeah, I can't wait to see you at the party!

Anonymous said...

Oh sweet baby Kadence! I love her cute thanksgiving outfit:) Her favorite aunt must have given her that!! I miss you we need to get together!

Cole & Jess said...

She is so stinking cute. We still want to come see her!! At first when I saw the pictures of her I thought she looked like Adam but now I think she looks more like you. So fun...looks like everything is going great:)

Megan said...

She is sooo beautiful and you have her dressed so dang cute!!!!!! You look fabulous and it makes me VERY jealous, I still look like I got hit by a truck :) haha oh well, like you said, can't go out much, so I guess it doesn't matter! Keep posting pictures!!